Wedding Wednesday - Bride... and The Summerlin House Model Andrea Dennis



If you are an Orlando native (like us at The Summerlin House) you probably listen to The Monsters in the Morning on Real Radio 104.1. Andrea and Daniel Dennis (one of the "monsters") didn't have their wedding at The Summerlin House, but did use Creative Designs Weddings & Events to plan their wedding and do the floral (offices on the 2nd floor of The Summerlin House). Her theme of "vintage fun" is a good way to describe how we like to do things here and that's why we chose her to be our model. We are so excited to see her in our ad in Orlando Weddings Magazine hitting stands July 1, 2010. Check out her beautiful wedding photos and a sneak peak at pictures from our photoshoot as well as her great answers to some of the questions we had.




The Details
Planning & Floral: Creative Designs Weddings & Events
Ceremony & Reception:
I.W. Phillips House (Courtyard Lake Lucerne)
Catering :
Puff 'N Stuff
Cake:
Cupcakes from Sweet! by Good Golly Miss Holly
Photos:
LeighTaylor Photography


How did you choose your vendors?

Mostly word of mouth. Some I had experienced at friends weddings first hand and loved them. But I didn’t go into anything blindly without a recommendation or trying myself.

What did you splurge on?
Photos and food/venue, but mostly photos. I had to have her.

What was the best decision you made with regard to your wedding planning?
To plan and give myself time. I am not sure how these girls do it with only say four months. I needed time to save money, and make sure everything was perfect, oh yea and keep my sanity.

What was the most memorable moment of your wedding day?
Actually remembering every moment. Everyone told us it would go by so fast we wouldn’t remember it or savor it, but we did. We actually got to sit together and eat, and just talk, basically our first dinner as a married couple.

How did you pick your reception site?
Once I saw it I knew. And then I took the hubby there and he loved it. It was very us, outdoors, vintage, just perfect. We also went back during the time of day our wedding would be to make sure it looked how we wanted.

What is one thing you wish you had done on your wedding day that you didn’t do?
Nothing! It was perfect.

What was the first thing you purchased or deicded after you were engaged?
Venue. I didn’t want my place to get booked up on the day I wanted. I didn’t want to have to change my day.

Did you have a theme?
Vintage fun

Did you incorporate any important traditions?
No I think we were really non-traditional.

Briefly describe your first date, courtship, engagement.
Daniel and I worked together, but we had never really talked. Everyone went out to WingHouse on a Friday afternoon and he was there. The band Faith No More was on the radio and we started talking about them and next thing I knew he said “you’re going to go out with me.” I was a little taken aback and didn’t know if it was appropriate being work and all, but I did the next day. After that we never looked back. After 5 years together right before Christmas, Daniel called me on my way home from work and said the Christmas tree wasn’t working. He knew my personality that as soon as I got home I would have to fix it. And so once I got home I went right to it. I looked in the tree and saw it wasn’t plugged in, plugged it in and looked at him like, “you didn’t plug it in.” At that point he said you didn’t see what you were suppose to. So I looked back in the tree and there it was, a ring box. I said, “WHAT!” and he asked me to marry him. It was perfect and so like us that I would mess up the whole engagement. We were engaged a year and a half before getting married. Life has been wonderful with Daniel.






Category: